New Thing is your love in action, inside the former Soviet Union
A report from Doug Brendel to all who support or follow New Thing in Belarus...
Tons and tons of LOVE!
In Belarus, you’re making a beautiful impact
With the help of a few faithful friends in the U.S., our “Response of the Heart” team
is helping thousands of people in need in the former Soviet Union
Every two weeks or so, our team receives a huge load of donated humanitarian aid from another country:
Last year: 9 times from the U.S. (with the most total value), 11 times from Germany, 3 times from Ireland, and once each from Switzerland and Norway.
A total of 319+ tons, worth $6,8+ million.
Everything goes to orphans, abused and abandoned children, the disabled, the homeless, foster families, and the list goes on...
People who could never dream of receiving such wonderful gifts — if not for friends like you!
In a single recent load from Germany, the team brought in — catalogued — stored — and distributed according to need, all across Belarus — nearly 20,000 pounds of cargo worth $3,700:
Wheelchairs, medical beds, toilet chairs, walkers, crutches, clothes, shoes, beds, bed linens, pillows, blankets, mattresses, bathtubs, chairs, carpet, a table, a baby stroller, and more.
The very next load included all this plus sinks, doors, wallpaper, toys...
Plus, through our special projects, you’ve helped — just in the last year —
· children at Osipovichi and Rudensk (boarding schools for disabled children) ...
· at Uzda (the boarding school for immune-compromised children) ...
· at Kobryn Children’s Village (for orphans) ...
· at Bogushevsk (the boarding school for children with respiratory problems) ...
· at Vitebsk (the boarding school for hearing-impaired children) ...
· at Zelva (the boarding school for children with medical challenges ...
· and at Novolukomol Hospital.
Our staff and volunteers serve with joy.
It’s hard work, it’s amazing work, it’s important work, and you’re making it possible.
Thank you so much!
More adventures to come!
Thanks for journeying with us!
Photos by our dear friend Oleg Yarovenko
To give online — click here
To send a check by snail mail — New Thing, 403 Linebrook Road, Ipswich MA 01938